A good percentage of the impact made by you at the interview is dependent on the visual impact made and to some extent on the voice you produce. The first and last sentences spoken are very important and could well decide your success at the interview. Here, i am presenting some Interview Tips and Skills to be maintain before attending an Interview. This article is not only useful for Freshers but also useful for any Job Experinced person.
You need to become an effective Job hunter. Remember, there are many like you. Remember also that demand is less and supply is more. The number of qualified people is on the rise. In short, the talent available is much more today than it was a decade ago. The good news is that there is demand for qualified people and this will only increase as time goes.
You prospective employer is looking for rapid results and longevity from you. He is looking for leadership qualities. He wants to ascertain that your presence will make the company a better place.
Be positive in all your answers. Be confident, quietly assertive and focused. Let your body language be affirmative. Give attention to the following guidelines.
- Be prepared and calm.
- Express your skills and abilities.
- Be tactful. Ignore personal remarks.
- Be on time.
- Be polite to one and all. They are your masters for the day.
- Be positive and honest while giving answers.
On the day of Interview:
- Familiarise yourself with the company.
- Dress moderately.
- Do not show off.
- Speak to the point. Be brief.
- Be well groomed.
- Do not use slang (ya, guy, yaar etc.)
Points to keep in mind:
- Do not guess, if in doubt, admit it.
- Familiarise yourself with the recent events/ day’s happenings.
Learn and remember answers to the following questions. Be natural. Let it not appear that you have memorized these answers. Always remember that honesty is indeed the best policy ‘while answering at the interviews.
- Introduction:– Tell me something about yourself?
You need to say who you are, not necessarily, what your skills are. The product is you. Sell it proficiently. You know you and your personality. Your own very visual appearance could do the job, do not repeat what is in your resume. Say something not written- something that could be of interest to the management.
You need to say what your skills are in specific terms. How could you transform the fortunes of the company? Explain as to why the company should take you in.
- Tell me about your school days?
School is where the foundation was laid for your career, please present it well. You may have to answer question on grades, educational system etc.
- How could you help this organization grow along with you?
Do not beat around the bush. Be straight. Put your thoughts and priorities straight. Say what your achievements are. Say you could do the same or even more for the organization that you intend to join.
- Why are you looking for a new job?
Your attitude needs to be positive even is you are handling a negative situation. Say you are looking for an organization where there is potential for growth. Avoid saying something negative about the previous company or your boss. There could be several logical reasons why you want to quit, the present job. Present a positive mindset. Dwell on what is good, not on what was up to you expectations.
- What are your long term targets?
This is an often- asked – question because it can throw information on several matters: Your outlook, how mature a person you are, your career planning, your commitment to the organisation to the organisation and profession. No one knows for sure the future. But one can always plan. Be frank about your future plans and desires.
Related article: Where do you see yourself in next 5 years Time?
Please do some research on the company you are going to. Have some useful information at your fingertips. Again be positive and confident in your approach.
- Hobbies and strengths
- Goal in life
- Brief information on your family
Do not say, “I think” I am good, say “I possess the skills for this job” Be confident.
9. Are you a loner or a Team Man?
You need to be affirmative here. You could be loner or a team man alone. You need to say that you could be a loner or team man depending on the need. You will accept responsibilities and be part of a team at the same time.
For More Questions refer this article: HR Interview Questions and Answers
Successful Interview – A Guideline:
For a job hunter, interview is the most important occasion. It could well be the beginning of a new life for you. Make wise use of it. Spend few moments in prayerful thoughts. Make sure the impact made is positive.
- Be well prepared – don’t leave anything to chance.
- Start early to reach well before time.
- Keep all the originals of certificates with you.
- Dress moderately. Be clean and tidy. Avoid unnecessary make up.
- Dress should talk about your personality. It should show that you care about you, and your appearance.
- Be natural. Do not be overly casual or formal.
- Most important – Smile – it does not cost you anything. You may earn everything by giving one.
- Let your facial expression be natural and spontaneous.
- Have eye contact with the person to whom you are talking. At the same time do not give the impression you are staring.
- Speak short, simple sentences.
Be careful about the following:
- Please knock at the door before entering.
- Take a seat only when asked to do so.
- Do not speak or laugh loudly.
- Do not be too serious or too casual.
- Do not be in a hurry. Speak slowly after listening to the question completely.
- Do not argue. Remember “when you win an argument, you lose a person”. – in this case you will lose the job.
- Do not give an impression that you are on the look out for other jobs also.
- At the end of the interview, do not be in a hurry to leave, thank those who conducted the interview. Leave a good taste behind.
Prepare, plan and enact. Be positive, confident, smiling, answer to the point. Be brief and clear. Do not beat around the bush. Be specific.
This is all for the day. I hope you have learnt so much about How to crack any Interview with these Interview Tips and Skills. Happy interview!
Recommended to You: Latest Job Openings and Walkins